Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mall Kiosks: No! Leave me alone! I already have a cell phone and I don't need more lotion or another hair straightener! >:(



Where is the personal space line at malls these days?  I noticed when I moved back to Cali that the center aisle vendors were much more aggressive than in CO, but this economy is driving them to extreme measures!  I know that they work on commission, but it's not my responsibility to pay their bills by paying insane prices on low quality items -except for my Dead Sea salt facial scrub.....and lotion....and nail buffer block.....those I needed.  ;)




Usually you can just politely say "no thank you" and they'll leave you alone.  Last holiday season I couldn't even make eye contact with them.  Today I shook my head and kept my eyes forward and the jerk actually steps in front of me and before I knew it he was grabbing my hands to put lotion on them!  I kept saying "no" "no I'm running late" "no I don't have the money" "no I already have something similar at home" and he STILL kept talking AND he kept mimicking my body language like me putting my hands out to keep him at a distance was some sort of joke or game!  I had to sharply pull my hands away, look him straight in the eye and loudly said "NO!  I don't want anything!" And then I ran away.  "Ok, but you're going to regret it later!"  -he called after me.  So not only do I get physically harassed but I get threats too?  How is that ok?!  I wish I had my tazer gun or a can of mase to empty into his grinning skull.  I was running late, I was on my lunch break, and I just wanted to get the hell out of there -otherwise I would have complained to Customer Service.  I hope he tries that with the wrong person next time and gets kneed in the groin.





I HATE going into the malls out here so I try to avoid them or go during the week on my lunch break....but I had a return and the Victoria Secret in Pasadena is on the street and I'd have to pay for parking.  I miss my mall rat days in Colorado.....those were happy times.


Why can't people just leave me the hell alone in the mall?!  I had to walk by that guy again on my way out, so I went the long way around.  I kept my head down and typed on my iPhone -but then someone from the cell phone booth started yelling out "hey, HEY!  What kind of cell phone do you use?!"  I literally ran until I reached the comfort of Bed Bath and Beyond.  I bet they get a lot of sales because of the stress-soothing products they have.  I had a coupon, so I bought a "side sleeper" neck and back pillow before I left.  Side note, God Bless BB&B for playing The Beach Boys as soon as I walked in.  It's like they knew I needed a pick me up.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment